Welcome to the Queen Bee Coop-on Tour. Every day for the next couple weeks or so I’ll be featuring a different chicken coop! These were all sent in by Queen Bee readers. Here’s our third coop, sent in by Elizabeth from Olympia, Wahsington.
Cost: About $150
Who built? My husband and my son made this chicken coop in May for Mother’s Day!
Favorite features: I have it in my garden and the features I really like about it are the full size door that I can walk into and the nesting boxes that I can open to get my eggs.
How many chickens do you have? I have three girls that I bought from a great farm near Pe Ell. I bought them as pullets because I didn’t want the extra cost and time to raise as a chick and they already had their shots. They should start laying in August. Oh also because we are in a neighborhood I wanted quiet chickens, great layers, friendly, and cold hardy so I have two Buff Orpingtons and one New Hampshire Red.
Thank you so much for sending in your coop Elizabeth! What a sweet mother’s day gift! I love that slanted door – the design is very cool looking at looks like fits perfectly in that space – which by the way looks spectacular! Are those sugar snap peas going to town on the left? Looks like you have your hands full!
Do you have chicken coop? I’d love to see photos and you can be featured here on Queen Bee! Email it to me at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line coop tour.
- Building Chicken Coops For Dummies – $12.03 (reg. $19.99)
- Chicken Coops: 45 Building Ideas for Housing Your Flock – $13.48 (reg. $19.95)
- The Joy of Keeping Chickens: The Ultimate Guide to Raising Poultry for Fun or Profit (The Joy of Series) – $14.95
- Storey’s Guide to Raising Chickens, 3rd Edition – $12.36
Feed and water:
- Hanging Poultry & Gamebird Feeder with Feed Pan, 30 Lb Galvanized Steel – $23.97 (reg. $27.99)
- Little Giant 11 Lbs Plastic Hanging Poultry Feeder PHF11 – $19.99
- Little Giant 3 Gallon Plastic Poultry Fountain PPF3 – $33.50 (reg. $39.99)