It’s been awhile since we featured a reader’s chicken coop but Mary emailed me about her coop and I just knew I had to share! Her chicken coop is located in Kent, Washington and was built by a “Master Craftsman” who lives in Seattle.
Here’s what Mary says about her adorable coop:
“The cost was approximately $1,200 and worth every penny. It is very easy to clean because where they roost there’s a slide-out tray. It is completely critter-proof, so we don’t have to worry about coyotes, dogs, raccoons, etc. coming to harm our chickens. We have four Rhode Island Red laying hens (we call “The Girls”), and expect eggs within the next two months. Hopefully we’ll get four eggs a day from the girls when they’re ready to lay. As you can see, we had a great time decorating it and making it a cute condo. Two of our relatives have offered to use it as a hotel when they come to visit, but we don’t think the girls will be willing to share.”
Thanks for sending in your coop photos Mary! This is one of the cutest and well-built chicken coops that I’ve seen. I love the idea of a slide-out tray under the roost – that makes a huge difference with clean-up. Love the Fresh Eggs sign and the flower basket – how adorable!!
This post is part of my weekly chicken coop tour, featuring a different reader-submitted chicken coop every Saturday evening. Mary will get a $10 Amazon gift card for having her chicken coop featured on the site.
See previous chicken coops in the tour:
- Coop Deville, chicken coop from Valley Springs, California
- Red chicken coop with chandelier from Newport, Oregon
- Beautiful custom chicken coop with windows, shingles and kid-level peek-a-boo doors
- NW style chicken coop with rustic metal roof, Craigslist hen house
- Hillsboro, Oregon chicken coop with Rhode Island Red, resident cat
- Cluckingham Palace – Bellevue, Washington coop with curtains
- Free-range charming chicken coop in Florida
- Casa de los Pollos – Indiana Chicken Coop on wheels with electricity
- Beautiful Chicken Coop in Worthington, Pennsylvania
- Barn Style Chicken Coop in Buckley, Washington
Do you have a chicken coop? If so, send me a photo! If I feature your coop you’ll get a $10 Amazon.com gift card! Here are all the details for sending in your coop.
Follow Queen Bee Coupons’s board Chickens ❋ Coop design on Pinterest.
Joy Windels says
Ok, Mary, I just have to know who built your beautiful coop from Seattle ? I need a nice coop for my flock who are only 2 months old so by end of January or so, I need my coop built. Thanks