Check out this pin and other Valentine ideas on my Valentine’s Pinterest board!
These Haribo Gold-Bears Minis, 54-Count are currently around $12.69 on Amazon. It’s a good quality candy, tastes great, isn’t going to break someone’s teeth – and seriously, who doesn’t like gummy bears?
So I ordered a box of Haribo Gold-Bears Minis and they came in the mail two days later. I tossed one of them into a plastic bag from the Dollar Tree (40 for $1), tossed in some bulk candy from Winco and slapped a label on the top. Tada! We have a Valentine.
What you need:
- Haribo Gold-Bears Minis, 54-Count – as low as $0.23 cents each
- Bulk candy – you can use bulk gummi bears, too (check Winco for great prices) – about $.50 cents – $1
- Plastic, clear loot bag, small – 40 for $1 at Dollar Tree, less than 3 cents each
- White paper, color printer to print labels (or make your own!)
How to make it:
- Get all your supplies together
- Fill loot bag with a little bit of bulk candy or other treats. The Dollar Tree has some great stickers, pencils and other inexpensive toys.
- Add a package of mini Haribo Gold Bears – make sure it’s facing upward.
- Fold top done and tuck corners in – almost like you’re wrapping a present. Staple closed
- Print out your notes. I printed mine on full size labels (since we had them laying around, but card stock or regular paper will work fine). Depending on your printer, you can print one, then take it to an office store and get color copies, might be cheaper – save your ink for the coupons!
- Have your kids write their names on the notes.
- Then affix the note to the top of the gift bag. I cut a large piece above the label, so I just folded it over the back side and as a label it easily stuck together. You could staple it if you used card stock.
Here’s a FREE printable for you. Click to enlarge. Hopefully you can scale it on your computer. I’ve never done a “printable” before.
This would work for teachers too – You are a Beary Good Teacher! or I am beary lucky to have you as my teacher!
Please PIN this idea if you like it! What kind of Valentines will you be doing this year?
Check out this idea for Marshmallow Valentines – easy, easy – and fun to make.