I have been seriously lacking in the recipe department. I’ll fess up – our diet this past month has been primarily gluten and dairy-free, high-protein and lots (like loads) of vegetables/fruit. My recipes have not been creative or beautiful. They’ve been things like an egg scramble with chicken sausage, bell peppers, onions and topped with mango salsa and black beans. And lots of big salads. We feel great, I lost another 16 pounds (up to 26 lost since February!) and it hasn’t been torture – but it hasn’t been blog worthy either. 🙂
But our kids are still eating like they’ve always eaten – gluten, dairy and all their favorites. So I thought I’d take a fun approach to a recipe series for July – Kid-friendly foods! It’s a topic that I think a lot of us can use this summer as we slap together yet another peanut butter and jelly sandwich. I’m looking for fun, creative, easy recipes that kids will enjoy.
I don’t want any lectures like, “My kids eat what I eat, or they don’t eat.” I get that. This is just going to be a fun way to experiment with new recipes that my kids will especially love.
Here are some guidelines:
- Any delicious recipe will do. It doesn’t have to be a traditional recipe. Even better if it’s not. It can be a snack, breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert – any sort of recipe is good, I mean, kids eat all day right? As long as it’s a recipe you think kids will love, someone else will, too.
- Include a credit or source. It doesn’t have to be an original – if you got your recipe from a cookbook or website – no worries, just include a source to the recipe. If you got it from Aunt Ruth or it’s your own brainchild – even better, just include that too.
- Share your pics. Share photos if you have them, but not required.
- You can submit as many as you’d like. I’m sure you have more than one favorite and I’d love it if you shared two or three recipes!
- I won’t be able to feature all recipes on the blog. I probably won’t have time to highlight all the submitted recipes. I will randomly pick select recipes to feature on the blog based on the time I have, the ingredients used and what sounds good at the time. I will personally make those select recipes, take photos and share your recipe with my readers in a highlighted post. I will give $10 Amazon credits ONLY to the recipes I feature on the blog in individual posts.
Submit your recipes via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line: Kid-friendly recipe
Thank you for sharing your recipes, I look forward to having my kids test out your favorites.