This slow cooker macaroni and cheese recipe is so easy! It’s not fancy but it is flavorful. And I love that you know exactly what’s in it – as opposed to the boxed stuff. And I used my absolute favorite cheese, Tillamook!
1 1/2 cups skim or low-fat milk
One 15-ounce can evaporated skim milk
1 large egg, beaten
1/4 teaspoon salt
Large pinch of black pepper
1 1/2 cups shredded medium or sharp cheddar cheese (I used my favorite, Tillamook cheese!)
8 ounces uncooked elbow macaroni (about 2 cups) – this is HALF the box
2 tablespoons shredded parmesan cheese
HOW TO PREPARE
1.) Coat your slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray. In a separate bowl combine low-fat and evaporated milks, egg, salt and papper in the cooker and whisk until smooth. Add the cheese and uncooked macaroni – stir it in softly.
2.) Pour mixture into slow cooker and cook on low for 3.5 to 4 hours. Mine was done in only about 2.5 hours! Watch it, you don’t want it to overcook. If you overcook it the sides will burn and dry out.
3.) Sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Enjoy!
Here are other Slow Cooker Crockpot recipes we’ve recently posted:
- Slow Cooker Caramel using Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Slow Cooker Strawberry Applesauce recipe
- Slow Cooker Pork Roast with Apples recipe
- Slow Cooker Turkey Chili with Pumpkin recipe (you can’t taste the pumpkin!)
- Slow Cooker Chicken Santa Fe recipe
- Slow Cooker Breakfast – Overnight Pumpkin Pie Steel-Cut Oats
- Slow Cooker Chicken and Dumpling Soup recipe