Oh my, oh my. Becky emailed me last night in response to my chicken coop post and told me that Tacoma has an Urban Chicken Coop Tour! Did you know this? Shut the front coop door! I had no idea that such a thing existed and I might just find myself in Tacoma on June 23 to see what all this cluckin’ is about.
Hosted by Garden Sphere, the event is from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. on June 23, 2012. The Urban Chicken Coop Tour costs $5 a person and chicken 16 and under are FREE. You can buy your tickets from GardenSphere. The tour is within Tacoma city limits. From what I can gather – you go to Garden Sphere, buy your ticket and then you get a map of places to check out on Saturday.
Tour description: Have you been thinking of keeping urban chickens? Are you wondering where to start? Then this is the tour for you. This is even for those of you that already have backyard chickens and are thinking about changing your coop design (or just want to scope out the neighbor’s coop). Learn about raising chickens from those in the know. Learn more here.
Who is going!?! I am really going to try and make it. I have to discuss it with the family and see if we can make the trip up for it.
Now for the $25 Amazon gift card giveaway. . .
Do you have a chicken coop? If so, send me a photo! I want to do an online Queen Bee Chicken Coop tour – with photos of chicken coops from my readers. I’m going to include the coop photos in an online tour and randomly select one coop owner to receive a $25 Amazon gift card! How cool is that? Get your coop featured here on Queen Bee and possibly win a gift card.
Here’s what to do:
- Take a photo of your chicken coop. Try to do it during the day – good lighting, not blurry, etc. You want people to be able to see the coop.
- Email the photo to firstname.lastname@example.org, subject line: Coop Tour
- Please include in the email: your name, your city/state and any details you want to share about your coop. . . .for example, Did you build it yourself? How much did it cost to build? What features are your favorite? How many chickens do you have? Do you have recommendations for new chicken owners? How many eggs do you get a day?
- It must be your own coop – no faking it. If your friend has one, tell them to send in a photo!
- Please send the photos by 8 p.m. June 20. That gives you five days, so get to it.
Can’t wait to see your chicken coop photos!