It’s time for some recipe inspiration! I’ve been slacking in the recipe department, I’m sorry!! A couple months ago I tried to recruit someone to help with the recipes and I just didn’t find anyone that I thought was a good fit. And the more I considered it – the more I realized how much I enjoy this part of my blog and it was going to be very hard for me to give it up.
To jump start things in July I’m doing a SUMMER RECIPE series – featuring YOUR favorite summer recipes. My favorite recipes are always ones that are sent in by readers. This is a broad category – I’m thinking recipes for grilling, salads, punches/iced coffee/lemonades, sandwiches, cold desserts, crockpot and more. If I feature your recipe here on the blog, you’ll get a $10 Amazon gift card!
Here are some guidelines:
- Any delicious recipe will do. It doesn’t have to be a traditional recipe. Even better if it’s not. It can be a snack, breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert – any sort of summer-friendly recipe is good. As long as it’s a recipe you love, someone else will, too.
- Include a credit or source. It doesn’t have to be an original – if you got your recipe from a cookbook or website – no worries, just include a source to the recipe. If you got it from Aunt Ruth or it’s your own brainchild – even better, just include that too.
- Share your pics. Share photos if you have them, but not required.
- You can submit as many as you’d like. I’m sure you have more than one favorite and I’d love it if you shared two or three recipes!
- I won’t be able to feature all recipes on the blog. I probably won’t have time to highlight all the submitted recipes. I will randomly pick select recipes to feature on the blog based on the time I have, the ingredients used and what sounds good at the time. I will personally make those select recipes, take photos and share your recipe with my readers in a highlighted post. I will give $10 Amazon credits ONLY to the recipes I feature on the blog in individual posts.
Submit your recipes via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line: Favorite Summer Recipes
And just for fun here are some of my favorite summer recipes:
- Grilled Honey Teriyaki Chicken recipe (pictured above)
- Grilled Halibut with Lemon and Capers recipe
- Grilled pizza, with homemade dough recipe!
- New Waldorf Salad with Lemon Tarragon Dressing (Granny Smith apples)
- Grilled asparagus with garlic and olive oil recipe
- Southwestern Salad with Avocado-Lime Dressing
- Grilled corn, avocado, tomato salad recipe
- Banana, strawberry, blueberry smoothie recipe
- Roasted Marinara Sauce Recipe – great if you grow tomatoes in your garden!
- Grapefruit and Avocado Salad
- Grilled Stuffed Zucchini recipe – bacon, mushrooms, parmesan
- Black Quinoa Salad recipe – Mangoes, avocados, peppers, lime
- Grilled vegetables and couscous